The NBVA runs two Junior Leagues a year - during Spring and Summer at Manly Beach.
These leagues are suitable for beginner to intermediate players - 12 to 18 years of age.
The League is run on Saturday afternoons for 6 weeks across an 8 week period (approximately 3 rounds are played per month). Please check the Junior League Calendar for dates of registration and rounds.
Registration days are held at Manly Beach prior to each Junior League, where players and parents may ask questions and pay for their registration in person.
Alternatively you may register by downloading a Membership Form and emailing our League Administrator prior to round 1.
The NBVA accepts team (4 players) or individual registrations.Registration deadline is two weeks prior to the start of the League.
Any player/team who nominates after this time may be subject to an additional administration fee.
- $20.00 - Annual Membership Fee
- $40.00 – Player Fee per League
2:00pm - 4:00pm eastern standard time
3:00pm - 5:00pm daylight saving time
Please sign in 15 minutes prior to the start of games.
- The first hour will consist of warm up, fun games and exercises to learn and fine tune skills and technique. Conducted by qualified coaches.
- The second hour games will be play and players will learn the basics of umpiring.
- Prizes will be awarded to highest scoring teams, most improved and most valuable players.
- Each player shall at all times compete in the spirit of good sportsmanship.
- All players must complete a NBVA Membership Form, signed by a parent or guardian and pay fees prior to playing.
- All players must report to the League Coordinator 15 minutes prior to the start of play.
- No player may leave the volleyball courts without the permission of a coach.
- In the case of inclement weather a decision regarding whether or not to play will be made no later than 11:00am (EST) or 12:00pm (daylight savings) on the day of scheduled play.
- Players/parents should always check the NBVA website for a league cancellation notice
- Alternatively contact the League Coordinator, Stuart (on 0409 928 432) for confirmation of playing conditions
In the event of cancellation, we will endeavour to reschedule at another time, subject to availability of the courts. A minimum of 1 week’s notice will be given in respect of rescheduled games.
- The NBVA is responsible for running the League to the best of our ability using the resources available.
- Coaches will not be available to supervise junior players outside the 2 hour period of play.
- The NBVA will not be responsible for any junior who enters the surf or leaves the volleyball courts without permission.
- Parents/guardians should ensure players have sufficient sun protection and water supply.
- Players/parents are advised to regularly check the Junior League Calendar for dates of League rounds and wet weather make up days.
- We ask for the cooperation of the players/parents to email (by Friday night) or text the League Coordinator if a player is not available to play.
- Please ensure that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of play.
- Players/parents are suggested to subscribe to the NBVA mailing list (via the NBVA homepage ) to enable the League Co-ordinator to communicate any news or changes.
- Please give us your constructive feedback as to how we can make the Junior League even better.
Have a great League day !